01/04/2012 10:59 AM
DISNEY ON ICE GETS “TANGLED” UP IN NEW ICE SHOW:
DISNEY ON ICE PRESENTS DARE TO DREAM
Disney’s newest princess Rapunzel appears on ice for the first time in the
skating spectacular coming to more than 30 North American cities in 2012
Tickets for Corpus Christi on Sale January 7th
Corpus Christi, TX– January 3, 2012– Dreams do come true! Feld Entertainment is bringing the magic of Disney to the ice with a new live show, featuring hair-raising moments from Walt Disney Studio’s hit animated film, Tangled. Audiences in Corpus Christi will experience the enchantment and splendor of new and classic Disney princesses in Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream, as they frolic in the French quarter with Tiana from Princess and the Frog, relive the timeless story of Cinderella, and watch Rapunzel let down her hair on the ice for the first time ever. Dare to Dream is led by two female producers, sisters Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld, a first for the company. Tickets for performances at The American Bank Center go on sale January 7th.
“We are ecstatic to be able to bring audiences an incredible new ice show that sets the standard for the ultimate Disney experience,” says Producer Nicole Feld. “Because Tangled marks the 50th Disney animated feature, it was only fitting that we celebrate that achievement by including moments from Rapunzel’s story in our show.”
Dare to Dream, a vibrant, contemporary compilation of princesses, features popular songs and unforgettable scenes from two of Disney’s newest fairytales and one of the most cherished stories of all time. Audiences will behold an alluring aerialist act with Rapunzel’s golden locks, shimmering gowns that twinkle and twirl during Cinderella’s royal ball, a lighting display that illuminates all the fireflies in Tiana’s New Orleans bayou and a grand finale with all the Disney princesses.
This skating spectacular draws upon the combined talents of seasoned experts for direction and choreography:
• Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 26 years ago, and has advanced in the company to become Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice and Disney Live! productions
• Jerry Bilik (Creative Director and Writer) – Involved as a creative team member in every Disney On Ice show throughout its 30-year history; arranged music for a number of television series, including “Starsky & Hutch” and “Charlie’s Angels”
• Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) – Collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for Katarina Witt, Brian Orser, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; lead choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story 3; choreographer for Skating with the Stars
• Stan Meyer (Scenic Designer) – Honored as the first recipient of The League of American Theatres and Producers National Broadway Theatre Award for his design of the North American Tour of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast; has created sets for the world premiere of Elton John & Tim Rice’s Elaborate Lives: The Legend of Aida, Alice Cooper’s 2007 Tour, and the 2008 True Colors Tour featuring Cyndi Lauper; scenic designer for Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey® presents Barnum 200SM and Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales
• Ivan Ingermann (Costume Designer) – Developed costumes for feature films Suits, Rules of the Game, Escape to Life, and Sundance Award Winner 2x4 as well as for national commercials for companies including Toyota, Pontiac, BMW and McDonald’s; his recent work can be seen at the SeaWorld Adventure Park in Orlando, Fla., in A’lure: the Call of the Ocean
• Peter Morse (Lighting Designer) – Produced lighting scenery for numerous performers, including Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez; received Emmy® Award nominations for his work on televised concerts starring Barbra Streisand, and won the Emmy® Award for Lighting Design and Direction for Bette Midler’s HBO Special, Diva, Las Vegas.
Tickets for Dare to Dream go on sale January 7 and are available through www.disneyonice.com, Ticketmaster or the American Bank Center box office.
To discover more about Disney On Ice, go to www.disneyonice.com, or visit us on Facebook and YouTube.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment's productions have appeared in more than 70 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Feld Motor Sports, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!
For more information about Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream, members of the media should visit www.feldentertainment.com. To download high-resolution photos, go to www.feldinc.com/hrp (username “feldmedia” and password “photos”).